Monday, October 11, 2010

Asian Salad

Fried Wontons:

I simply bought wonton wrappers from the grocery store (produce department) and cut them into the size I wanted (mine were cut in half then in thirds). Next I heated a small amount of oil (I used grapeseed oil because it has a high smoke point and very little flavor) and fried them. They cook quickly and will continue to brown a bit after being removed from the oil so be careful.

This idea was from ourbestbites.com with their Asian Wonton Salad.

Salad Dressing:

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 TBS white or rice vinegar
3/4 TBS soy sauce

Mix dressing and keep cool. Add to the salad just before serving.

This recipe was from Raenie, one of the original GNO girls.
Your choice of salad toppings.
I used strawberries, grilled chicken, mandarin oranges and almonds.
Oh, and of course lettuce :)

No comments: